Monday, October 03, 2005

An Epic Party Adventure

Foolishly little M had accepted a party invitation for Sunday. Big M had of course completely neglected the fact that we no longer have a car and R would be away.. meaning it would have to be approached on cycle. No problem... but to avoid the busy main road and potential loss of life and limb we had to go via the approved cycleways, which was a LONG way round. The kids did really well, but it was an hours cycling to get there. The party was at one of those indoor kids gyms, so then they played madly for 2 hours.... and then it was time to cycle home again. And of course we had seen a great park on the way so we stopped there for 45 minutes (it was good had a skate ramp that you could use as a slide once you figured out how to get up it - the kids not me - and a flying fox which even I had a go on). So we left home at 10am and got back at 3pm. Thankfully it was cold but clear. Rain would have been the last straw. Needless to say all collapsed on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. Though J and I made cheese and bacon rolls for his lunch the next day which he greatly enjoyed, but they were apparently best straight out of the oven (as they often are!) Next time I will look at the map more closely!!!! R is back tomorrow - hurrah! All my work comrades are laughing at my perpetual state of exhaustion - actually I think it was going swimming on Sat then mega epic party ride on Sunday has done me in. Clearly not got the stamina for full time parenthood!! I do know I have the easy job!!

No comments: